Much recent research has shown that more efforts are needed to make sanitation and the gains and improvements we have already seen, sustainable and inclusive. As we emphasize in our recent book Sustainable Sanitation for all, it is imperative that better ways of reaching and meeting the specific needs of the poor, the marginalised and less able are found and made central to programming.
We are looking for photographs that show examples of inclusive CLTS, highlight good practice, depict innovative programming and emphasize the need to ‘reach the one in everyone’.
We invite submission of photos that
- show activities that aim at making CLTS inclusive
- feature an adaptation to a programme, either in terms of processes or infrastuctures that make sanitation inclusive and meet the needs of a specific (normally excluded) group of people
- tell a story about how challenges around equity and inclusion have been addressed as part of CLTS,
- illustrate the plight and a corresponding solution of one of the groups of people which often faces exclusion or difficulty in accessing
- depict a monitoring or verification activity that tracks the inclusiveness of sanitation
The winning entries will be published in a special feature on the CLTS website. Both winning and non-winning photos will be used in publications such as our Frontiers of CLTS series and/or Learning Briefs/Learning Papers, as well as on the website, with full credit to the photographer, so by submitting an image you are giving us permission to use the photo in this way.
Photographs will be judged by the CLTS Knowledge Hub. They will be marked according to:
- Their content, i.e. their relevance to the subject matter
- Their ability to show aspects of and/or tell a story about CLTS as per the criteria listed above
The top three entries will receive a hardcopy of Sustainable Sanitation for All: Challenges, Experiences and Innovations
Who can enter and how to submit?
Anyone who has some involvement with, experience of, or interest in CLTS is welcome to send images. Send up to a maximum of three photos by email to P.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CLTS Photo Competition by 13th February 2017.
- Size: At least 1MB
- Print resolution: 300 dpi
- Format: JPEG or PNG file
- Landscape and portrait images are acceptable
- Although some digital enhancement is acceptable we cannot accept images that have been digitally altered to change what is portrayed.
- Images respect the integrity and dignity of the people depicted
Send each photo separately and include in your message the following information:
- Name of photographer and contact email
- Title of photograph
- Location (country and city/town/village where photograph was taken)
- Date (if unknown, please provide the year) each photograph was taken
- The level of consent provided from any people pictured in the photo
Submit your entry
All images should be emailed to email@example.com by 13th February 2017. We look forward to receiving your entries.